Wednesday, September 22, 2010

This is not my big butt.



Or at least that is what I told myself when I looked in the mirror. So I got back on the treadmill tonight and sweat. Both of which took a lot of effort on my part. Can I get an applause, please? I hit the wall when Iwas having a teeny tiny emotional crisis. Then, having broken my regular routine, it was very hard to get back into it again, especially when all then fall shows have begun and there is so many great shows to watch, lots of potatoes, tortillas, and ice cream sandwiches to eat, and a couch to keep company.

BUT, tonight I rededicate myself to my fitness goals, my fruits (you know who you are), and this blog. I say this things in the name of Jackie Warner. Amen.

6 comments:

  1. *clap* *clap* *clap*
    I am applauding. A comfy couch can be hard to tear yourself away from, especially if there is good (tasting anyway) food nearby and mindless shows to distract my thoughts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Put the delicious snacks in the kitchen. Each time you want a bite of the tater tots or tortillas, get up off that couch and walk yourself over to the kitchen. Take one bite only. Sit back down. Return at the next commercial for bite #2 and so on. At least walking back and forth will burn a few kcals. But mostly it will help you recognize that you're not really that hungry - you're just stuck in a bad habit.
    Obviously this trick won't work with the melty ice cream sandwiches so stop buying them at the store. That way you'll have to get up from the couch, leave your purse at home, and then go on a robbery spree at your local Kroeger's or whatever store you are near, just to get that ice cream. That is a long way to say "Don't keep that crap in your house." Now if you'll excuse me, I have a pint of Americone Dream calling my name......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why would you want to get rid of that magnificent thing?

    ReplyDelete