Monday, January 24, 2011

I'd like to think that I am better than this, but I'm not...

Getting sweaty on the tready again, but for all the wrong reasons. I'm not doing it for my health. I am not doing it to create good habits, I'm doing it because I can't let my co-workers get skinnier than me. There I said it!

I consider myself a lady and as a lady, I don't talk about my age or my weight. Not because I am insecure about these topics or embarrassed (so I say) but I think women, in general, fuss too much about these issues and I don't want to be boring, whiney, or self-absorbed.

But (and it's a big butt straight on from the back) when my co-workers text me about each pound loss, I get the feeling, the overwhelming feeling, it's time to REALLy, this time, let the holidays go and get back to the business of being a single digit (Gah! Again with the shallowness).

I don't like to compare weight, it's not good. Women come in all shapes and sizes. One woman's 140 could be completely different from another's 140. Height has a lot to do with it, of course, that and the number of Little Debbies she's hoarding in her pocket book.

This is getting too long. So, there I have it. I'm no better than anyone else. I'm not "above it all." I just don't want to be the fat one in the room. Is that too much to ask?

2 comments:

  1. Any kind of motivation is better than none at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a bit hard to tell due to the angle of the only picture you posted, which I'm not complaining about, so how are we to sympathize with your supposed plight? Who knows, you might look absolutely wonderful but you're so caught up about your weight in numbers or in comparison to other people that you forget what's important - being happy and looking beautiful.

    ReplyDelete