Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I made it!!!

So blogger finally let me on here! I am happy to be a part of the fruit salad. :)

I'll just do a quick post to introduce myself. I am Watermelon. You can call me Melon or Mel for short. The reason that I chose Watermelon is that I'm large all over. In the past, I've always considered myself a pear, but for the past few years, my upper half has become way too big as well.

I don't have any excuses to weigh as much as I do. I have all the knowledge I need about nutrition, exercise and weight loss. I have exercise equipment. I have time to myself. I just don't have any desire to do it.

But I saw a picture of myself the other day. You know, when you look at a picture and can't believe it's really you. That's what happened to me and I want to change.

I have been a huge couch potato for the past 2 years so I have started slowly. The hubs and I go walking a few nights a week. It's not much, but maybe if I do it long enough, I can get back on the treadmill eventually. Some ladies in my neighborhood have invited me to go swimming with them. They go a few nights a week and workout while gabbing. I've gone once and it was fun so hopefully this will be a good way to start exercising without really letting my body think I'm working out. I'll have to trick it! =)

My big vice lately is stress eating. Whenever things get out of control or too busy, I cram my face with food to deal. Sometimes I even eat more than my hubs and he eats a lot! Life is so busy that I need to learn alternative coping techniques. There is something so soothing to me about food and I have been obsessed with it for most of my life.

Anyway, I have 30 pounds I'd like to lose. I'm not going to go really strict because I know I won't stick with it, but I'm going to start trying again and we'll see where I end up.

Thanks again, for inviting me, ladies!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to have you here, Melon.

    I wrote my post before I read yours. Girl, we are in the same boat. I hope we can support one another in our efforts to quit using food as a vice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melon, I try to avoid having my picture taken so I don't have to see what I look like to other people! Although I have a friend who took a picture of herself before she lost weight and put it up where she would see it often every day as a reminder to try harder. It was a motivation for her!

    ReplyDelete