Friday, August 27, 2010

Two steps forward...one step back

I did pretty well yesterday. I had a good, healthy breakfast and a light dinner. The only snack between meals was a frozen yogurt cone. (Normally I'd have regular ice cream.) I drank water and walked lots and lots. I chose Minute Maid Light for lunch instead of Dr. Pepper. But, on the flip side, I did have a burger for lunch, then ate 1/3 bag of Cheetos right before bed. Why do I do that? I work so hard all day and then blow it just minutes before the day is over.

Today I'm starting over again. I had a very healthy breakfast. Let's see if I can be good the entire day. As long as I'm making progress, I'm not going to be too hard on myself. I've done enough of that over the years.

How are the rest of you fruities doing? Do you have any strategies going into the weekend?

2 comments:

  1. I'm just trying to think more about eating more fruits and veggies. We had strawberry ice cream with strawberries on it last night for our before bed indulgence. At least there were more strawberries than ice cream...
    We have family coming this weekend, and a birthday, which always means eating things that aren't good. I will focus on having a SMALL piece of cake instead of a huge one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great dessert, Kumquat!

    I did pretty well today. I only had one brownie for dessert. Usually I have 2 or 3. I also drank a lot of water again and had pretty healthy meals. But I didn't exercise. =(

    ReplyDelete