Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day 3

Treadmill running/walking and hand weights, including 3 minutes of walking backwards on the tready: 30 min 2 miles 445 calories

I have never worked out longer the 30, maybe 35 or 45 min here or there. I have only given myself 30 minutes of my day to excercise. I feel like this keeps me from feeling selfish or fanatical. I judge people who have time to fit into their skinny jeans but don't have time to volunteer at their kids school.

Feeling decent about my workout. I don't have the stamina I had 6 months ago. I need to work up to that again, but the body is an amazing machine, even a body as old as mine, I know it won't take me long to get back to where I was.

Blogging with Apple helps. I didn't account to anyone but myself before. Sharing with Apple will keep me motivated.

Had half a Kit Kat about 105 calories. That wasn't all I ate today, just what I feel guilty about.

I'm going to bed without showering. Don't judge me. I babysat 4 kids, including a baby, today. I'm tired.

2 comments:

  1. Blogging about my eating and exercise makes me more accountable too. It sure got me outside yesterday and it will again today.

    I do exercise for an hour at a time and will until I reach my goal weight. I considered that it might be selfish, but I was told by my medical professional that anything under 40 minutes counted as weight maintenance. To lose weight, "more is better."

    But unlike you, Pear, I had a significant amount of weight to lose and I think this lady might have wanted to light a fire under my butt. I have read articles that back her up, though.

    Hopefully we do other calorie-burning things all day long. Who knows how much exercise we're actually getting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your right about other calorie burning. My tready can't tell me how many extra calories I'm burning by using my weights.

    ReplyDelete