Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day 6,7,8, and 9

I've had company, so I haven't posted. I'm in my goal to lose 10 lbs before August 1st. No sugar, no late night eating, no white carbs.

For treats I have had the Skinny Cow White Mint Truffle Bars. 100 calories per bar. So good. My new fav.

In the past 4 days I've gone on two hikes. It's windy and threatening rain, so I'll be on the tready tonight.

Feeling pretty good about my biceps and the jiggly underside of my arms. Using handweights on the tready helps. Apple showed me a new move that has helped. Remember that, Apple? I paid attention.

"Check out this gun show. Boom, boom. Fiyah-powah."

Let me make a comment about how my age has brought me to a point that I can finally watch my weight for me and no one else. And that feels great.

Late 20's, early 30's I would do it so I didn't look chubby next to the skinny mini to the left or the right of me. Being in my late 30's, I've come to a point where I am secure enough in who I am and my accomplishments that I don't compare dress sizes with anyone else. This time it's about me...all me.

3 comments:

  1. So, so awesome. Was it the above-the-head tricep thing?

    You're inspiring me... this is so great.

    I MUST run tomorrow. MUST. I love running!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me this secret arm move at once! I too have the jiggly underarms. My kids think it is the funniest thing ever, but I hate them. It is gross. H.E.L.P.

    And I don't care about my identity. FluffyChicky is a fat chicky. Hence the Fluffy in my name. Whatever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apple it was the above-the-head tricep thing!

    Fluffy- I use a five pound weight. I do reps of 50. I lift my arm over my head and bend my elbow, 50 times (concentrating on form, helps to do it in front of a mirror). Once on each arm. Then I hold the weight with both hands and do fity mo'.

    ReplyDelete