Friday, July 9, 2010

The who, where, what, & why of "Run Like a Muthah."


Who?

Hi, I am Pear. My partner in this bowl of fruit salad is Apple. She'll introduce herself real soon. My name is Pear, because that is my body type; smaller on the top than on the bottom.


Where?

Anywhere and everywhere.


What?

This blog is a place for Apple and I to motivate ourselves, be accountable to ourselves, and share our up and downs of weight loss, working-out, and being the fruits that we are. If anyone cares, enjoys, or chimes-in, that's great too.

Why?

I know I speak for Apple too when I say that we are really proud of ourselves. Over the past few months we have done something we never thought we would do...run. And, we've lost weight doing it.

I guess, I was always an active child and teenager. I didn't think about my weight. When I became an adult woman and started taking "The Pill," that is when I started to gain weight. I think the hormones messed me up changed my chemistry forever.

I was able to lose weight after my babies by dieting, but I didn't make exercise a regular part of my life. The weight came back. (Same old sob story.)


A year ago, I was heavier than I had ever been. I didn't realize it, until I saw a picture of myself (same old sob story).


I started dieting and hiking and the weight was slowing coming down. I loved being outdoors and I got my family involved. Then the cooler weather came and I had to move my exercise regimen inside. That's when I began to run on my treadmill.


I was afraid. I was afraid I would hurt myself, twist an ankle or something. I was afraid that the movement and impact would damage my delicate female areas. May sound ridiculous to you, but it was a real fear for me.


Months later, I am happy to say, I have no injures to report and my delicate female parts are just fine. I'm sure you're glad to know.


I never thought that at the age I am now, I would have the stamina or discipline to exercise regularly.


My goal for this blog is to keep myself motivated, share my success and failures with my friend, Apple, and if anyone else finds inspiration, comfort, or laughter, from "Run Like a Muthah," well, that's nice too.


4 comments:

  1. Pear, great post! I loved reading your story, especially the part about the things you feared when you started running. Those fears seem so silly now, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly heard that things could go wrong down there. I won't go into details, but it did freak me out. I'm glad I didn't let my fear hold me back any longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at Apple and Pear! We are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete